Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Change of Plans

Yesterday I got an unexpected night off - ladies bible study was cancelled last minute.  And while I do enjoy going and discussing and learning, boy was I thrilled to have a free evening.  On my drive home, I began to think of what all I could cross off my to-do list with all the extra time I just happened upon.  Then I decided to do the exact opposite and just hang out with Daniel instead.  

We went for a super long walk, came across a gorgeous field, discovered that said field was private property, complete with a "no trespassing" sign (after an hour of exploring...), snuck through a random stranger's backyard, scaled across their ginormous ditch, then found our way back home.  I was so sad I didn't think to grab my camera - it was such an adventure!  

We wrapped up the night by going to the grocery store to pick up cheerios and milk for Daniel's dinner + crackers for my dinner (of crackers and cheese) - what can I say, we like to live it up.  There's a small part of me that felt guilty/irresponsible about our night, but a bigger part of me felt ...liberated.  You should try it sometime - don't cross a thing off your list and just enjoy the people you love.  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips