Tuesday, May 17, 2011

lazy days...

when I hear the term "lazy days" I often think of summer...sun kissed skin, running through sprinklers, a tall glass of iced tea in the shade - that kind of thing.  regrettably, we've not really enjoyed those kinds of days around here...yet (here's to hoping!).  instead, we've had these grey, unmotivating days - the kind of days when you can't really tell what time of day it is by looking outside because the lighting doesn't seem to change at all.

but that's (kind of) ok, because it has given me a chance to chip away at some projects.  what projects, you ask?  well, I have an ongoing (and ever-growing) list of things-I'd-like-to-get-done-one-of-these-days and one of those things is printing pictures to put up on our walls at home.  (like I mentioned in this post, as long as we've lived at our place, it really shouldn't look like we just moved in still!) 

so I've been flipping though loads of pictures on my computer, trying to pick out our wall art.  one of the folders I looked through were my sister's wedding photos (taken by Adam Loewen) - it's amazing how looking at a picture takes you right back to a moment in time and allows you to relive it.  that's one of the things I love about photography.  here are some fun ones from that day.

Adam asked us to make a face - apparently Ann and I missed the memo that making a face = look surprised.  
But somehow we still managed to make similar spontaneous faces...we are sisters, after all!
my amazingly talented mum made these - it was her first time cake decorating ...and she's self-taught!

p.s. it looks like the sun might actually make an appearance today - hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips