Thursday, May 5, 2011

simple fish...

this is one of our favorite dinners.  Daniel says he could eat it every single week and not get bored with it (that is really saying something - he gets sick of stuff super fast!)  it is also really quick and really easy to make.  we use salmon because its a favorite around here, but you could probably use any fish you like - its so simple and so good, you really can't go wrong!  I usually throw together whatever veggies I have on hand plus some brown rice on the side.


*Tip:  Brown rice can take time to prepare, so if you're tight on time on weeknights, consider making a big batch on the weekends and freezing it.  I just recently found out that you can freeze rice - now I always have a just-in-case stash for busy nights!  

Simple Baked Salmon

1 large or 2 normal sized salmon fillets 
(we prefer skin-on for added flavor, but either works)

a couple tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 lemon

S+P to taste


- Preheat oven to 375* F 


- Line a pan with parchment paper then place the fish fillet(s) on top 


- Season fish with a squeeze lemon juice (I usually use about 1/2 a lemon), a splash of olive oil and some S+P.  
This step is really a matter of taste - I go heavy on the lemon juice and pepper, use just enough olive oil to keep it moist/get some flavor in there and add just a hint of salt.  Sometimes, if I want to be fancy, I use some lemon pepper too. 

- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  

 - Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Where's the garlic!!! My heart is proken :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. since marrying Daniel, I've had to cut back on garlic - he doesn't love it as much as we do...plus, this is not fancy salmon, its SIMPLE salmon!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips