Friday, June 1, 2012

looking back...

photo credit:  green ginger photography


our girlies don't really sleep through the night yet... it's not bad though - I usually feed them right around midnight then again at 6ish (5ish during a growth spurt)
but we're usually up at least once in between then to soothe one or both of them back to sleep...usually by putting them in bed with us (terrible habit, I know, but we're all so tired and that's the quickest way for everybody to get back to sleep)

and despite our still not-so-great sleep, I've spent the past couple of evenings staying up past bedtime unloading months of pictures off of my camera, sorting through and filing them away  based on when they were taken.  It made me realize how big my girlies have gotten in just a few months...  how did the nurses let me take home such little people? how on earth is it already June? will the next 20 years with my babies fly by like the first {almost} half year?  

I still remember those first nights like they were yesterday, but at the same time they feel like they were a lifetime ago.  I've loved getting to know my littles from that newborny stage up till now - every stage goes by so  quick!  And it's so hard to enjoy each moment for what it is - because it's busy or they're screaming or I have no idea what to do / where to start with the situation at hand; but it's also so important to remember that I will never get these moments back...I keep telling myself that - good or bad, I will never have today back so I should try my best to soak it up for what it's worth, knowing that I will likely mess up, and that's ok because I can trust that the Lord is in control and as long as I do what I can then leave the rest in His hands, I'm doing exactly what needs to be done...even if that is sitting outside their room shedding a tear of frustration while they howl away! 

and since this blog has missed the last 4 months of their lives, I thought it might be nice if I started doing a "flashback" post every now and then - with photos from the last 4 months that I haven't posted so you can see how far they've come!  I'm so thankful for my babies and for God's provision both for our physical needs and our need for support these first few months with the girls.  I know I've said it a thousand times and you're probably sick of hearing it, but He is so good.  k, I'll get off my soapbox and leave you with another one of their newborn photos - you'll probably see a few of these, because like the crazy mama that I am, I love every last photo of my babies, especially these ones that green ginger photography took when they were only a week old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips