Wednesday, October 19, 2011

in the words of others...

i wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad
carry you around when your arthritis is bad
oh, all i wanna do 
is grow old with you...
{grow old with you - adam sandler}

it's his birthday today but we're not officially celebrating till Friday.  i still wanted to put a little post together on the actual day though.  
 there's way too much to say, so rather than turn to mush and make you all sick, I decided to mix it up with a quote or two + slip in a tiny blurb of my own. 
This is my beloved,
And this is my friend.
—Song of Songs 5:16
"He gives me the best bites of his food; like the cheesy corner of the pizza, the nub of the sandwich that has even proportions of all the goodies inside or let’s me eat half his dessert after I said “I didn’t want any”, yea… I’m a lucky girl because after eating all his best bites, he [still wanted] to marry me."
  [borrowed from here - but it describes him to a T!  its hard not to love someone like that... :) ]

happy birthday, love!  you really are the best and it has been an absolute joy to share your last eight birthdays - it gets better every year and i can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you in the years to come.  you are an amazing husband and friend and i know you will make the best daddy ever to our little ones.  i hope your day is awesome and can't wait to celebrate you!  

*top photo by Hannah Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips